Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Manga Banga Fog Fanga Fee Fie Mo Schmanga: MANGA

Hi everyone,

Cool news. We have a Maximum Ride book coming out in Manga. And they totally made me blonde! And umm, pretty cute. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go Marilyn Monroe blonde. Gwen Stefani makes it pretty punk. Anyway, we got these pics from James recently of the booth at Comic-Con in New York. You can see what the cover looks like and stuff. Pretty cool, huh!





Yours,

Max

576 messages to The Flock:

Avian Aoife said...

Yay ! First comment !!!

Fly free forever !

Avian Aoife xox

Anonymous said...

im so excited for this now!
A manga is a fantastic idea.
But blonde? I liked the whole dark haired idea in my mind and all that, but hey, it will not stop me from buying it ^_^

VJ said...

totaly cooly.

Anonymous said...

lol My friend loves, loves, loves, manga

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm new to the blog and your books. I was just wondering if there is going to be anymore books. I also wanted to say that as cool as having the whole 'save the planet' it got a bit too preachy! oh and sorry if this doesn't really relate I don't know how to use this blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'll have to find a copy( I love the books, but my friend only reads manga..so it'll be a good way to get her to /finally/ read your books)
c:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I love manga, and i LOVE Maximum Ride. I couldn't imagin that I could love it anymore. But now I can. I cant wait to get a hold of one of the new books!

Fly high and Fly free
-Iceshadow (aka Rachel)

Anonymous said...

Hey, just to let you know, ('cuz I'm OCD like that) Banga, when pronounced as bang-ga or bang-a or pretty much bang-anything does not rhyme with manga. In Japan, an a is pronounced like ahh sort of like pond and man put together. Man-ga. Not mang-ga. (Please excuse my Japanese obsessiveness. I've been studying Japanese for about 3 years and I draw manga in my spare time.)(Albeit crappily)

~Taru-chan

Shaz said...

WOW i hope im the first one to comment but then again so many think they are, but seriously i like refreshed the page and there this post was! AWESOME manga thats soo cool Anywho!!!! im so excited i just re-read the final warning YAY!
there bester be a 5th book or I'll cry!
the cirrrrcccle of liife!
YAY!

"Angel On Fire" said...

Oh and what i really wanted to say is it would be super cool if they find out that there are more bird kids with 5% avian DNA instead of 2% and they have beaks for a nose and bird feet and feathers in their hair! I'm going to write a fan fic story about it if your interested at all in reading it. I am a good writer says not just me.

Anonymous said...

YAY FIRST COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK celebrating over. Any ways I can't believe we finally get to see what U look like!!!!!! =) Any ways I can't wait to see what Fang looks like. That is so Tote Blue Sparkly Cool!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Max

I didn't see the name of the book.... unless its manga.... if it is then sorry I'm kinda new to your books but LOVE them.... ya

POST SOON oh and you look AWESOME with blond hair

Liz

Tara C said...

Nice manga. I'll have to check it out eventually. So, I ahve a request. I love to write stories. I mean LOVE! I'm still in high school, but I want to try to get something published. Yes, Iam legally an adult-that is, I turned 18 a few weeks ago. I figure you got your books published, so could you help me out (this could be to anyone involved with the Max Ride books, not necessarily Max or Fang). I have a blog. You guys inspired me to create one. I keep a log of my stories there, and a couple friends help me out with it. One of them I got hooked onto your books, so feel proud of me.
Well, here's the link to my blog, first of all.

http://wingsofwyverns.blogspot.com/

It's a weird title, but it's named after the book I want to get published. I'll probably end up changing the title of the blog eventually. You can contact me there if you don't mind.

So, I got bored during school and doodled a few images. They're on my blog, but here's the links anyway.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_iXgGtFjc7sQ/SBZ-R6No7zI/AAAAAAAAADs/d8pObpelMQE/s1600-h/tara

http://bp1.blogger.com/_iXgGtFjc7sQ/SBZ-SaNo70I/AAAAAAAAAD0/wE-1cZq9Vh8/s1600-h/Tara

So, I know you occasionally post pictures on your blog. If you like them, you're welcome to put them up on your blog, but I'm not sure how good they are.
And here's the stories behind the pictures, in case you're interested.

http://wingsofwyverns.blogspot.com/2008/04/angel-and-total.html

So, That would be great if I could hear from you on my blog some time, and if you could give me advice about publishing, that would make me so happy!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Honestly, max, I still can't figure out what color your hair is! I know you've tried to answer that a million times, but it only makes me more confused!

Ummm...here is MY news:
1. Evanescence, Flyleaf, and Paramore Rock

2. I have "breathe today" by Flyleaf stuck in my head today. go watch the music video on youtube.

3. Nudge needs to get us the dirt on you (Max) and Fang.

4. My name is Brigitte, spelled B-R-I-G-I-T-T-E. NOT BRIGID!!!!!

4. the Twilight books are almost as good as yours.

6. that was supposed to be 5

7. you should all go to fanfiction.net and read a bunch of Max fanfics. some of them would never happen in a million year, but whatever.

-ME!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so great! Good luck! I love manga, too... Hooray!
Hugs and kittens,
Rachie

June said...

When does they come out?
I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

nice pic still the real you looks better.

*KaTiE cLoVeR* said...

hooray! First comment! That's way cool, max. * oh my gosh. i am talking to the maximum ride* but what you guys really need is a fifth book! You guys rock! Say hi to the flock for me!

Westside--

K-T

Anonymous said...

kewl

Anonymous said...

sweet

Anonymous said...

Ah...finally, we might get a good look at what all fo you look like, eh?

-Shadow585

Anonymous said...

I always forget to ask and it's been in my head ever since the forum went away
y is it gone?
the forum I mean..

Levi said...

That's awesome! Any way you could give us an exact date, Max? I can't wait to see it!

~Levi

Anonymous said...

wow. my friend luvs manga. she said that she will never read ur books(i tried to make her;), but maybe she will now...

stay safe, fly high.

say high to the flock for me!

-katie

Anonymous said...

wow. my friend luvs manga. she said that she will never read ur books(i tried to make her;), but maybe she will now...

stay safe, fly high.

say high to the flock for me!

-katie

Anonymous said...

well thats... odd.
but not totally unexpected.

Fly On,
Fly Free.

Anonymous said...

OMG Max, they made you so CUTE! I can't wait to get the book!
Rock on!
Spidey

Anonymous said...

FIRST FINALLY? But I digress.

Wow, that looks kind of cool, I'd like to check that out if it gets released in the States. Hope you're all doing well.

Levi said...

Oh and Max, you sure you want to go blonde? 'Cause you know about that whole stereotype that blondes are "dumb". Hehe, that'd give Fang room to tease. So yeah, I'd consider re-thinking that. Later.

~Levi

Anonymous said...

this is soo cooool!i love manga and i love to read maximum ride!

Anonymous said...

Wait... I thought you were blond, Max. It said in the 2nd book.

~ Megan

Anonymous said...

You do look good as a blonde, but i imagine you more of a light brown with blonde highlights, and a tough of red and black. i am so going to buy the first MR manga book!

Here are some songs for thought by Paramore. They are so you! Here are some of them;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aCyGvGEtOwc
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=0

(this is so you and Fang!) http://youtube.com/watch?v=MSa28x1yjkk
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDxnZI5NYh0
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=2

(this is one of the early songs and sounds so much like you!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y-MaaxgdUT4
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=3

(this song was voted Best Maximum Ride Song Ever on FanFiction. listen hard to the lyrics)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SqahmHMMhCg
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=5

(so true for you guys, you were born for this)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QpQw29G1JN0
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=7

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U7htqh8isn4
&feature=PlayList&p=5A0FE8A08FBF5C01&index=8

~M said...

Coolio! Doesn't look much like I imagined you, but that's okay. I guess you look different to everyone who imagines you. ;)
Good luck and stay safe,
~M

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Pretty pretty manga! It's almost as awesome as me. :)

-The McGill

Anonymous said...

Wait, how do you know james? Is he, like, your agent? Does he write down what you tell him? Where does Gabrielle Charbonnet figure into all this? PLEASE answer me! PLEASE! Whoever does . . . gets cookies! Oh wait . . . Fang said that wouldn't help. Fudge? Honey Roasted Peanuts?

xSheilaxlove said...

That's pretty awesome.

First comment =]

Anonymous said...

hmmm. interesting.

Anonymous said...

Omigod!!!!! Totally friggin' awesome!! Two of my favorite things mixed together!!

I can't wait to read it cuz it's going to be sooooooooo awesome!!!!

gomen nasai - just one of my crazy spazzy moments there.

Luv you all,
Sammy in Vegas ^-^

Anonymous said...

w00000000t!!!!!!!!! That's hella awesome!
I dying to see what you guys look like in manga. ^^ Any idea when it will be out???????

Anonymous said...

That's totaly cool Max! You DO look cute! What does Fang think of it?????
Good luck saving the world!
~Elf
P.S. yay! first comment!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!! totaly awesome!!!! I want it that is so cool!



the bookworm



^_^ BYE!!!!



ttyl



PS: give my love to the flock!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Anonymous said...

*Sploches* <3

-Poppy

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeelll........ This totally rocks. It is really amazing that I am the first to comment... But it ROCKS!!!!
First and foremost:
FANG U ROCK!!!!!!!
MAX U ROCK EVEN MORE!!!!!!!

Next: This.is.AWESOME!!!!!!!
I can't believe there is gonna be a Maximum Ride series in MANGA!!!
*squels so loudly that dolphing 598 miles away cover their ears*

chameleon said...

That is so cool Max! I indulge in a little Manga reading every now and then, and I'll try to pick this up at some point!

The art looks interesting. Not nearly as big-manga-eyed as I'm used to, but I like the wind action on the cover. Nice collarpopping too. I can't wait to see the artist's interpretation on your wings!

Keep on soaring!
~Jeet

Nytemare.Cand! said...

OMG, this is great! Manga is the perfect way to express the book. I hope it's as good as the book, the art looks wonderful so far. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so totally cool! I'm blonde too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so totally cool! I'm blonde too!

Levi said...

On amazon.com it says it won't be released 'till Jan. 20, 2009. Why Max??? WHY??? I mean, you tell us about it and make us wait months? It's bad enough I'm waiting for the possible fifth, but this? Come on, Max. See if you can hurry the manga up. Maybe then I'll be able to hold on until the fifth one. Dangit, I'm not going to be able to survive til then.

~Levi

Anonymous said...

Hey! So cool how there doing this! I've read all the books and my grandma stole them from me... i heard there was movie! Whens it gonna come out! LA8TER


- Hannah

Case said...

Ok- why do Hollywood peeps make all the main characters (and girls) BLONDE??? What about brunettes? I feel left out here. That's kind of... IDK- hairist... just a thought.

Anonymous said...

okay??????? is that like those japaneese comic books that you read backwards? is it just the same book in a foreign language? OR..... is it just a different cover? i'm confused about which one it is.

Exclamation! said...

OMGEEZ MAX YOU ROCK HARDCOREEEEEE!! anyway i'm super excited about the manga i'm reading Fruits Basket and dude i;m fallin in love with it....check out Exclamationblog.blogspot.com WE LOVE YOU (and Fang)....(and of course the rest of the flock)...(including Total)

Anonymous said...

That's new and unexpected but really awesome too! You guys are really making it big in print.

Your Guardian Angel said...

omg!! so kool~~ manga of maximum ride!!! I still need to get the "final warning" book!!
u guys are awesome!!!
1st 1 message and comment!!!

Your Guardian Angel said...

1st 2 comment!!! yay!!!
it'll be kool to read manga of mximum ride!!!
u guys r awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW that is so cool!lol james was at comic con? i was there but i was at the avatar panel! you know where they showed the season three finale trailer and the zuko clips and stuff? it was awesome but i wish i had seen your booth!

Anonymous said...

yes FIRST TO COMMENT!!!!


cool your titles like my name.

elisa lisa bobisa banana fanna fofisa mee my momisa elisaaaa

one day i'll do that for all you guys!

wow that looks really weirdish/cool. if they mane you blonde fang prolly gonna be like white or something :*

hehe...oh well!


see you later

Elisa

Anonymous said...

that's really awesome, when is it coming out?

Anonymous said...

fang, are u and max going to start dating or what?! like seriously!
u two would be like so cute! oh ya and... is there going to be another book!? i so totaly hope so! ( and hopefully max and fang will FINALLY get together!)

Anonymous said...

Manga!!! how come all my fave books are going manga *tears* i don't like manga no offense.

Anonymous said...

This so RAWKS!!!! I can't wait till it comes out ! EEEHHHH I'm so excited. And for all you other Max ( and Fang too), it comes out January 20, 2009. Let's give a round of appulause for Amzon.com!! Check it ou there if you want.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awsome good for u guys. U are awsome JAmes Patterson! MARRY ME FAng. :) Jusk Kidding max... please dont hunt me down. Hey I am the first one to post. Fly On, maS

Anonymous said...

AWESOMEEE!!! is it onsale now?

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I love manga! I might just have to get one.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm the first ONE YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY about time to and i can't belive that you guys r comeing out with a mang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥☻☻☻☻☻☻☻♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥☻☻☻☻☻☻☻ love ya all

Anonymous said...

Oh, YES!
Man, that is so AWESOME!!
This should be good! I can't wait! (Hey, I sound like Nudge. lol)
But anyway, that's so cool. I can't wait to read it. I just hope the storyline is the same.

Later!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! When is it coming out like in North Carolina cuz Im getting one as soon as they do! Keep posting! U guys Rock!:)

Lishi said...

I personally don't like Manga, but I think it's awesome that it's coming out in more than just a novel! I love you guys! You rock!

Lishi xoxo♥

Meg said...

OMG! My sister is gunna FREAK!!!

Exclamation! said...

Hi max i would totally want you to have like punk blond hair maybe fang will like itt!!! lol jk <3 so visit exclamationblog.blogspot.com !!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! one of the first! and ya that looks cool!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh. I have to have that. I only own one of your books, but that is so creaking cool that it is a manga... -puts on list of books I want-

Anonymous said...

Completely awesome.
xD

Anonymous said...

I dont like the cover, it doesnt look like you. And i have issues reading manga. its like backwards.
~m

Anonymous said...

omg shweet that rock so cool thx for telin us i wish i had some money


when is it comeing out i need to know this is on a need to know bases


wuv
tacoeater

Anonymous said...

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss=) i cant wait!

Hollia said...

haha. you guys didn't blog for a while, and then it was all-BAM! posts! The manga books look cool...i guess you're getting around :P

Anonymous said...

cool i am first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the cover is cool but i never heard of manga.


-shadow

Raccoon said...

Cool! Can't wait... i'm a total otaku. XD

Anonymous said...

now i can get my friend a maximum ride book for her birthday she doesn't already have! i still have to save up enough to get final warning. :s ah well... i'll get it.., eventually....

Berry
Auckland, New Zealand.

TheDarknessWithin said...

Woah, I seem to be one of the first to comment...Ahahaha...Ok that's not funny. Um. Oh yeah! Awsomeness, I'll tell my friends cause he's obsessed with Manga. I'll be interested to read it aswell...I thoughbt your where a brunette with blond streaks in summer? :p

Anonymous said...

Wow! That must feel pretty exciting! Plus if it's Manga....it means PICTURES!!! How cool is that?! ^^

Ramen7 said...

That's sooo cool. I love manga and I was hoping they would come out with a Maximum Ride series.
When will it be coming out???

Anonymous said...

Max

I always pictured you having blodish brown layered hair... well thats still cool! lol good luck!

Katie

Anonymous said...

REALLY?!

Anonymous said...

That's sooo cool. I love manga and I was hoping they would come out with a Maximum Ride series.
When will it be coming out???

Anonymous said...

Hey Max!

I need your opinion on something! I'm your age and I have a crush on this guy in my school. He's really goofy funny on the outside, but when you talk to him alone he's sweet and kind and quiet, a lot like Fang. (except he's in a band and sings and plays guitar, but i bet Fang could do that!) Now, he has talked to me say 3 or so times, like intametly, and one time at a school dance, he was totally bugeyed and following me around trying to talk to me... but i found out later that he has a girlfreind who can be really nasty and protective, (if you know what i mean.) And now when ever anyone asks him about me he's just like "who?" So I'm asking, what should i do? Thanks, hope you can get back to me!

FLY ON!

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! I want this soooo bad! I love manga!! This is awesomeness totaled!

So what's up?

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MANGA!
Is there an exact release date for it?

Anonymous said...

wow thats really cool

Bite Me! said...

OMC thaat is sooooo cool Max! i want one! i might have to buy that. yeah so i see you've been blogging like a maniac today!! i love that, well i saw thaat this one said no comments yet so i thought what the hey may as well try and be first, but seeing how u put this up almost 3 hours ago, i HIGHLY dought i'mm first, but i had to try. SO i have to go and see what else u've said today ^_^

peace and love, fly on.
~Katie ,.., xXwingsXx

Anonymous said...

omg! im the first one 2 post!!!

im super xcited about the manga book, and max, i bet fang thinks that ur totlly cut as a blonde, but i have a question (u know 4r the 1 question that ur gonna answer a week)

your last name is ride, what's the flocks last names?

your #1 fan
-Julia

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute.
But I thought you WERE blonde?
Blonde-ish brunette?
I'm confused. XD

- Anna

Anonymous said...

Ew... manga.... max is sooooo not a blonde. :)


-Manda from Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm not a very big fan of Manga. I just don't think it fits you guys. But my opinion doesn't count for much.
By the way, that answers the eternal question: you are brunette and not blonde!!

Unknown said...

wow thats really cool now you got all the stuff book, movie, video game(maybe), movie what next? a stuffed animal?

Anonymous said...

First to comment whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!! When is the book coming out?

Rose Mary said...

gonna have to tell the anime club about this. They all love you guys. then again they probably already know...

Anonymous said...

wow....wierd. how come the "Final Warning" made you blond and make ur wings look like they were made of cardboard?

*Description courtesy of my friend Sean not me lol

Anonymous said...

OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGAWD I LOVE YOU SO MCUH!!! MANGA AND MR ARE MY LIFE NOW THEY ARE COMBINED! THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!! aaaaaaah.....


1st!

OH MI GAWD I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH SQUEE. i gotta forward this to all my MR and manga buds!!

Sky said...

I must get it! >0< Pure sweetness from beyond the depths of coolness! Being Maximum Ride makes it THAT MUCH more AWESOME!

EPIC WIN! >8D

Anonymous said...

so what color is you hair any way? we are all so confused about that. please reply!!

Anonymous said...

omg when does it hit the bookstores? seriously!! and is it in this country (sorry i know that sounds stupid but a lot of times things get released in england first...)

Kaila. said...

DUDE!
That's awesome!!!
I'm so gonna buy it!
Whoot!
Any idea when its coming out????


-Peace to the outs
Kaila Nicole

Anonymous said...

Nice,
I Got to say that's a much greater cover than the origanal. The other one made your wings look to small. By the way, is that the way your going to look in the movie. You know, thae one that was supposed to come out last year?
Anyways, we're still waiting on your reply to the Green Army. We still haven't moved a foot due to bad weather. Don't forget, we're depending on you to take us up to that bomb in < Aissur <.

Fly Strong,Fly Hard
Chris

PS: FANG THIS IS MAX'S DICISION LET HER DICIDE WHAT TO DO. WE NEED YOU GUYS IN ONE PEICE OUT THERE.
~Over and Out~

Anonymous said...

Max,

That is so great that you are going to be in manga. I wonder what Fang looks like? I like sooooooo love him. I can't wait to buy the manga book.

Kristin said...

hahahahahaha

that's funny. but kind of cool

Anonymous said...

wow.... that might actually convince me to read a Magna book for once....

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I can't wait!!! i LOVE reading manga! Who ever came up with this idea THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I'm such a fan of manga and Max Ride! This is gonna be AWESOME! I just hope the artist does all of you guys justice. Like the Pendragon manga turned out yucky, so from the cover of yours I can see it'll be pretty dang schweet. Fly on!
*Zanna* ^.^

Anonymous said...

manga? huh never thought of that. i gusse it will be a manga book i might actully read

Anonymous said...

That's pretty beast. I started trying to draw manga, but I never was very good at it. Well, good luck on your road to fame. :-)
Lizrdlover
P.S. So, then, Max, you aren't blond? I mean, just to clarify.

Anonymous said...

wow max u look pretty hott!!!! i bet Fang likes that lol... kool cover i like it where is that???

Anonymous said...

omg! this is great!!!! i love manga! i havent found a REALLY good one in a while! when is it coming out in the US?

Anonymous said...

I know this is a question, but can we buy this manga at a bookstore in the US of A? By the by, I showed those Mr. T videos to my family and they were cracking up. My mom would be watching them and just groaning things like, "Argh, that's SO 80's" as she was laughing hysterically.

Anonymous said...

Must... Pre-order!!!!!

Anonymous said...

max dont u dare go blonde!!!!! ur much better a brunette- please, you know what they say about blondes...

Terryn said...

Omg i'm might be the first yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi guys!!

Anonymous said...

MAX,
Hey, whats up? I'm the first comment, yay! Oh well, I have business to speak. My blog, website......
Me and my friend (Midnight) made a website about like what your fourth book was. (saving the world from global warming) We would like you and the rest to check it out.
The website is
freewebs.com/rebel4angelz

love you & the flock,
Blaze
P.S. I have wings! (I'm a hybrid too!)

Cuppy said...

Shweeet!!!!! that's pree chizz. Now i wanna see what you guys look like anime!!!

Ees anano retal
Cuppy

dd said...

Wow, that's so cool! Does it have the same plot as the MR books? I can't wait to read it! Oh, and I wonder if it'll be one of those graphic novels you have to read from back to front? =D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Max Im a HUGE fan i was wondering why nudge is SUCH a BIG MOUTH well thanks.
Sincerely Miss L

dd said...

Lol, I reckon that there'll be a few questions about your actual hair colour, Max. There seems to be a lot of confusion about that! =)

Terryn said...

those covers are seriously cool!

griffinrider said...

hmm. i'm not sure if i like it. no offense to the illustrator, of course. it just looks very...cartoon-ish, you know?

Talon said...

yo I think it is awesome that maximum ride is a manga ill have to tell my friend, he is a total manga fan. oh yes if you need a place to chill me and my brother have a fort in our back yard. Ill check back regularly in case anyone answers

Anonymous said...

How can we buy it! I soooo want it!!!
And another question. Max, is your hair brown, blonde, brownish blonde, gold or what?!?! I've freaking OBSESSED over this ove and over.
Soooo... post a pic soon of your hair color? Or at the very least DESCRIBE it.
Thanks
MaxRide101

Anonymous said...

Manga...and the greatest book in the world all in one...*drools all over keyboard*

Crystal said...

COOL!! I love Manga!!! And now my favorite series is coming out in manga...YAAYY!! Hmm i wonder why they made you blonde though??

Talon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dd said...

Amazon said James Patterson and NaRae Lee are the authors, and it will be out on/by January 20th, 2009! Gah, that's ages!

Anonymous said...

OMGOMGOMG!! awesome! thanks for the post!
*does little dance*

Austin G said...

They made you into a cartoon I see.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you blonde Max? Nobody ever gives us a definite answer. Cool Covers by the way!

Anonymous said...

When will the manga be out? It looks pretty cool.

I thought that you were blonde. Or are you a burnette? Which one is it?


Luv ya,
Triple A

Anonymous said...

Okay what the heck. Is Max blonde or brunette because your books are sending some of us mixed signals here.
-Red

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll be sure to read it when it comes out :D.

FallingUp said...

coooooooooooooooooool love it

Anonymous said...

ok..so im confused. In the first book in your series,it says max has brown hair. In the 2nd and 3rd book, it says she has blond hair; and again in the 4th book it says max has brown hair. NOW...in the manga it says she has blond hair...which is it? does max have blond hair or brown hair? I've always pictured her with brown hair but I'm not exactly sure.


-Taylor

Aster Selene said...

Okay. I hope this isn't too imposing but I'd like it if each person from the Flock, as stated, to answer a VERY SHORT ANSWER to each question. (I notice the loophole. Oh, you know what I meant.) This is for my friend Ria - she wants to make a fanfic as accurate as possible.

#1. EVERYONE. What would be your reaction if you got captured by a bunch of robots and some kid named Andy helped you out?

#2. EVERYONE. What would be your reaction if Andy turned out to be a GIRL (as in "Andromeda") and she's ANOTHER bird kid?

#3. MAX. What would be your reaction if Andy seriously started kicking and punching when she got mad (and kicking and punching YOU)

#4. EVERYONE BESIDES MAX. What would be your reaction when you found out that Andy can have a worse attitude than Max at times (sorry, Max, you don't have a bad attitude...ALL the time, that is)?

#5. FANG. What would be your reaction when Andy starts flirting with you?

#6. ANGEL. What would be your reaction when you find out that for some reason you can't read Andy's head?

#7. GAZZY, NUDGE, IGGY, AND TOTAL. Hypothetically think that you feel, somehow, that Andy is better than Max. You don’t like Andy as much as Max, but for some reason Andy makes you feel happy. How would you break the news to Max?

#8. MAX. What's your reaction when you find out that Andy now wants to be leader?

#9. MAX. What's your reaction when you have a vote for "best leader" and Angel and Fang vote for you and Gazzy, Nudge, and Iggy vote for Andy? And even though normally Total would side with Angel, for some reason he doesn’t know which one to pick?

#10. MAX. What's your reaction when you find out that Andy is empathetic and can toy with people's emotions, and that's how she's been getting votes?

#11. FANG AND ANGEL. What's your reaction when Max is seemingly killed by Andy?

#12. MAX. What do you do when Andy has tried to kill you and you manage to escape again and try to get in contact with the rest of the Flock?

#13. MAX. What happens when you find out that Andy was actually a spy to take over the Flock and is evil, and you have to fight her in single combat, and you wonder why you have to keep fighting people in single combat?

#14. MAX. How do you feel about kicking Andy's butt?

#15. EVERYONE. Now how do you feel about the whole ordeal?

I'm sorry if posting this multiple times is getting annoying. I'm just trying to make sure you guys don't forget...

-RainbowSprinkle

PS: Ria is getting really desperate! Now she's whacking me on the head!

Anonymous said...

Maximum Ride. In Manga. You have no idea how happy that makes me... :3 WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!??!?
Looks like it's going to be awesome, just from the cover...I want to see what you guys look like in manga! :D

Sabrina said...

Thats sooo cool!!!! i have to say though i hope the movie isn't in magna and by the way yay first time ive been the first to post woot! also max or whoever else is on whens your soundtrack coming out, with the movie i presume? the one wit hsummer obsession?

Anonymous said...

is this going to be the 5th book? i dont understand what manga is. i hope this is that question that u answer for the week, cuz a new book would be amazing! and you know those word verifications? mine was tohfu. SO SWEEET!

X said...

i love manga and your books so putting them together is perfect. and i'm not asian (no offense)

dd said...

Ooh, I just found a 3-page preview of it! It's at the beginning of TAE where Max has that nightmare!

put this into your url(Sorry, I tried linking it but it wouldn't work!):

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/download/3p_samples/Yen_Press-FCBD08sample.pdf

Here's more info about it, in general:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2007-12-07/james-patterson's-no.1-new-york-times-bestselling-series-maximum-ride-to-be-published-in-manga-editions

Enjoy! =D

X said...

who did the art?

emmy* said...

they made a manga?! awesome!! i so want it :*
AND THIS IS A CRITICAL QUESTION FOR MAX. A QUESTION THAT MY FRIENDS AND I CONTINUALLY DEBATE DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY.

ARE YOU A BLONDE OR A BRUNETTE?

because it says you're blonde, then it says that you have blonde streaks, then it says you have brown hair, like how is that possible? please answer. my sanity depends on it. :D

omg i'm the first comment :O or so i hope.

Lin said...

Is this going to be full of global warming and liberalism? Because if it is I'm not interested.
-L

stone said...

hey cool cool max looking pretty cute jk your fangs o and why are they making a book like that instead of the fith im confused you should explain som more

Anonymous said...

sweet wen can i get me 1 do you now wen ther in stores????

Camilla Price said...

OMG. You guys were in a con-fair? Wow. Public+Birdkids+Largecrowds usually =huge mistake.

Cant wait for your next book [already]

-dvn

Anonymous said...

Wow, Max! Looks cool. I'll have to check that out.

Listen... in regards to what you said about finding other "bird kids": we're out there. I'm 15 and I live in West Palm, FL. If you and the flock are ever in danger and you happen to be near south Florida, don't ruffle your feathers. I'll keep my eyes open for other wings. In the meantime, keep your gaze on the skies.

Anonymous said...

Fang and Max my friend and I have a website. It's a nature website and we are trying to help save the world from pollution. I'm saying that this is kinda like your saving the world thing. The website encourges people to reduce, reuse, and recycle. The website is really cool. My friend and I will comment later to tell the website. We want you to join. Tell Iggy that is very awsome and tell Angel that my club is called Angelz. We kinda named it after her. Gazzy, you rock. Total, love the wings. Max, I want to be like you. Fang, love the coolness in you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the art looks beautiful! <3 It really does look manga style, unlike so many books that are jumping on that bandwagon. I can't wait! I don't suppose you could give a release date? And shall you be at the San Diego Comic Con?

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,
Looks like your story is totally going Japanese, lol. Can you guys speak any other languages?
I'll have to check out what you guys look like as chartoons :)

~Dreamer

Anonymous said...

Haha, and you're so right next to Haruhi Suzumiya. (Blue skirt on the right.) Good show, I so know the ending dance. XD;

Sorry to spam you with another post, just had to say that. >>

Oh, and now that it's a manga, I can so COSPLAY! I was going to before, but it's kind of hard to without a referance picture. Now, how to make very large wings..... >>

Anonymous said...

OMG! SO COOL! I LOOOOVE MANGA! AND YOU GUYS! Was the ALL CAPS too much?

Sallabie said...

umm... Sorry about asking a question, but what color is your hair??!! People say it's blond, but you say it's not! I'm confused!!

Anonymous said...

Yus! My two favourite things have come together :D

Wonder when it'll be released in New Zealand...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Work...

-Phantom Friend

baileeluvsfang said...

Hey! My name is Bailee and I LOVE the Maximum Ride series! I have all of the books and I read them over and over again! I have to admit it: FANG, NO MATTER HOW STUBBORN YOU CAN BE, I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON YOU! Wow, that felt good to get out! I can't wait until the next book comes out! I'll be one of the first one's to get it! Please post on a comment on my blog! It would mean so much to me. How you guys save the world, man that is the best! You all are my heroes!((Love you Fang! :P))


~baileeluvsfang~


Texas

Anonymous said...

Haha. That's so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

hola flock

you said some questions were permitted in some cases...and I would so appreciate being a some case. So here goes.

El Flocko:
If you guys were made into dolls (or in your guy's case, action figures,) what accesories would you have and what other action figures would come with your little collection? Eraser dolls? Lol. I was thinking maybe you could press a button in the back and their eyes could glow RED. Or maybe the flock can be remote controled at reeaaally fly.

I know it's random. But you gotta admit it's kinda funny.

Basically,
a fan

ps. Nudge. Replace my sister. Fast.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cool. i like when they put books in manga style, its funky and different. it gives the characters a new look. i wanna buy it!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Manga tends to go to extremes. There's no in between, no light brown or dirty blonde, just Brunette or Blonde. They also tend to over-exagerate female characters, ahem... 'assets'.

Anonymous said...

WOW MAX! That's all I can say. WOW! I can't wait!


(It looks awesome!)


~Chi~

Sarahpawz said...

Wow a manga!!!!

Thats really cool fang...but i can't imagine you blonde lol.

So the books, the movie and a manga to add to my collection awesome. I've always liked mangas as you can probably tell from my excitment. XD

So is it just going to re-do the books in manga form or are they gonna make a whole new series with the flock?

*Sarah*

Sarahpawz said...

Ohhhhh its gonna make max blonde...wow that makes much much more sence...sorry max! >_<

Anonymous said...

GAH! this is sooooooo exciting... if they make it good
i hope its good
manga is awsome.... depending
gosh if i dont stop typing like the lazy teenager i am i might explode... but its unlikely

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!

Your Guardian Angel said...

koooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!

Goldeneon said...

NO!!! Are you guys that freakin' popular!? OMG MANGA!!! Next there's gonna be a Wii video game about you guys. Not that that wouldn't be awesome. Still, MANGA!? I can't believe it...

Dmitryu said...

that'll be pretty sweet, i would have to go get it, when will it be released? or is it already...well whatever, i'm goin to get one


Fly fast and stay safe
Dmitryu

Alaska said...

wow. nice image. Max, you rock! :)

Amanda Bridget

P.S: Say hi to the flock for me!

Anonymous said...

ZOMG! so coooool! i love manga toooo! im so gonna buy them when they come to singapore!!! :D:D
love to you and the flock!!

Anonymous said...

OH and i bet fang will buy it and look at you every night. LOL!

Moonlit-Slihouette said...

Oh yeah, I am so getting that, but I don't know exactly when it's coming out in Australia.

I thought you were blonde...but then sometimes it says you have brown hair...so you hair is like a blondish brownish colour...now i'm just confusing myself.

Anonymous said...

Awesome looking,
I love the hair all flowy and pretty,
Gotta tell ya, it's not how I imagined you, all drawn and cartoony/manga-y. I guess you were more.. human like? *grins at own lamo jk*
(Yeah I know that's not really you).
Wait, are those swords, her hands? Where'd you get them I wonder?. *contemplates for a sec* I got it! You just popped into the local sword shop.... because you know, we all have a local sword shop. Mines next door to the local slinky palace! : )
-end of rambling comment.
P.S.-If only there was a slinky palace...

Anonymous said...

After close examination of picture,
"Oh I get it she's holding her collar"
Quick on the uptake!!

Thought in a Cup said...

That looks just like the manga picture I drew!!! Even the wings!!! I drew it 4 months ago!!!
You rock Iggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fly On, The Kid With A Tail

Emma said...

LOl, Max! That's pretty funny ...


Emma xox
P.s: first to comment?

Anonymous said...

Wow! A manga!!! You guys are sooo lucky!!!

When it comes out, I'm going to get it! I'm so much more of a visual person. Like when I'm reading the books, I'm not just reading the words, I'm seeing it take place.

But this time, I'll start reading them the right way. -laughs-

I picked up "Maximum Ride: School's out Forever" and started reading it. I was like "Wow, this is an amazing book! -goes to the back to check to see if there's more and sees that it's the second one- Oops"

I was half-way through it too! So I bought the first one and I'm sooo close to being done! Can't wait to read the rest!

Keep flying!

~Tai

Anonymous said...

I left a comment, and it says "no comments"... I'm confused.

~Tai

Anonymous said...

I read your latest book and thought it was excellent and I laughed so hard when Akila ran into you i cried

Fly on from your number1 fan

Anonymous said...

ok, now that is cool! when'll it be out in the uk?

Anonymous said...

at is so cool
I am so gettining one as soon as it comes out

TESS

SOOOOO EXITED

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm hopeing that this doesn't butcher the sires, seeing as it is my favorite one. Well, I'll read this, even if I'm not sure how it will turn out. Yay for manga geeks like me!

Thought in a Cup said...

http://wingminded.blogspot.com is my blog!!! Cool picture. And finaly you answered the question about if you were blond or not.

Fly On,The KidWith A Tail (TKWAT)

comwhiz said...

oh awesome i'm the 1st! i think lol. anyway looks cool ;)

Thought in a Cup said...

6 kids 12 wings 1 blog is a weird blog. I think in the book it was renamed. It has nothing at all on it. http://6kids12wings1blog.blogspot.com.

Fly On, The Kid With A Tail(TKWAT)

Anonymous said...

Can we get it in the US?

Anonymous said...

OMG! MANGA! That is so awesome =D I must get them ^^

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! I am an anime otaku (basically an anime and manga geek/fan), and now I can enjoy my favorite book in manga form!!! Fang: I dare you to use the word otaku. It's your new vocab word!

Anonymous said...

Max!!!!!!! You look *ADORABLE!* But, but, but, you're supposed to look like you can kick major butt, *not* like you're BFF's with Elle Woods!
:'(

~*~Cinderellaellabella Mustardseed~*~

ChesneyCheetos said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

OMFG YOU'VE BEEN MANGA'D!!!!!!!

LOL NEXT THERE WILL BE A PUPPET SHOW!!!!!!!! FOR FREAKING FIVE YEAR OLDS!!!!!!!!

*holds max puppet* This is Max. She save teh world. You can too! *whoosh* Oh look she fly away now.

Random 5-year-old: Um....no. *walks away*

LOL IT WILL BE MR. RODGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD ALL OVER AGAIN!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

^________________________^

*ahem* Ok, I'm done. I'm a huge manga fan, so I hope this will be a sucess. The artwork looks good, so so far, so good!!

(Trust me when I say this: If the artwork looks crappy, then less readers will be there. But yours looks good!! =^_^=)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Nudge I said HiIiIiIiIiIiIiI!!! W00t!

^__________^

~Kairi-chan

Anonymous said...

*squeals*
*runs around in circles*
That is TOTALLY awesome!!!! I can't wait until the manga comes out!!!!!!!!!! XD

~Tay

thecure said...

manga? MANGA!?!?!?!

I HAVE TO STAB THAT AUTHOR NOW!!!

the point of a book is that YOU are the one visualizing it. if it was ment to be a comic it wouldn't be written by one of the best freaking authors of description and murder mysteries.

what the hell. -curezen

Shortie said...

THATS AWESOME!!! I love Manga! But I thought you had brown hair??? Say hi to the flock for me! and is there any news on how the next book and movie are coming? FLY ON!

Anonymous said...

Sveet! A manga, im totally going to have to get my hands on that.

Question for you all:

How does James Patterson contact you?

Unknown said...

Woot, I now have a reason for living. :3 lol Can't wait for it to hit the shelves. You guys are scary popular. x3