Sunday, June 10, 2007

My New Project

Ig here. :)

I've been trying to teach myself how to read and write braille recently. I'm getting pretty good at it!

If you take split peas and paste them to paper, it's like homemade braille.

Nudge is trying to be a full-out vegetarian, so we always have cans of them tucked away in backpacks and stuff. We didn't know you could buy them pre-split, so the first time we tried to write our names out in them, we tried cutting peas with a butter knife...and they kept rolling away or getting eaten.

I wonder if they have our book in braille at the bookstore?

Ig

536 messages to The Flock:

Anonymous said...

There's a song by Voltaire that I think you should check out. It's called "Feathery Wings". I hope I spelled that right! Anyway, I really think it would fit to the Maximum Ride story.

Anonymous said...

It's so cool that you're learning braille, Iggy! I don't really know if they have the book in braille, but that would be cool!

ME

Anonymous said...

Hey Ig,

I'm not so sure about your book in braille, but learning braille will definately help you get around buildings (accept maybe the School or the Institute). As for making braille with halved peas, it doen't suprise me that it doen't work too well. Have you ever thought of taking a pencil and poking holes in braille on a peice of paper?

Just another face in the crowd said...

hey wow thats really cool!!!! ooon and i finished the third book it was sooo awesome i loved it sooo much!!!! You guys were sooo awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ig,

Maybe you can order your 3rd book specially for that kind of thing. Or you can have a lot of "family moments" and read it out loud to each other. It is a pretty awesome book and I hope you succeed in your new "project". See you around!

-- Leo

Anonymous said...

I should hope so! Maybe I should start a charity organization to bring Maximum Ride to those who don't have access. My new life's work, thanks Ig!

P.S. Split peas are gross...but good luck with that.

hello anyone there? said...

I hpe you get better at that reading thing soon.
Nudge you'll never be a vegieterin because you need to many calories in the day to be one.

Revolver said...

Ig, man.
I think that being blind makes you special, besides the wings.

Hmm. Beans. No offense man but I think thats the stupidest idea ever.
But it might work, given the circumstances.

P.S
tell nudge to cut back on the veges or she'll turn all green.

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you Ig! good luck with that =D
ps: contact me if you're in texas, there will always be room for you guys here!! good luck!!!

yuki chuuu~!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they do have your book in braille and i think its awsome that you trying to learn it peas yummy^_^. Im sorry ZI would writ...type this in braille if i coud but that wouldnt wotk cuz you wouldnt be able to read it sry ^_^
well thats awsome either way and good luck with that.
padfootsmistress777
NITWIT BLUBBER ODDMENT TWEAK BYE*WAVES*

Anonymous said...

do you guys comment on other peoples blogs? O_o

Anonymous said...

This Library says that James Patterson gave them an award so they got all of the books below in braille, on cassette and in large print. They're in alphabetical order so you have to go kinda far down, but The Angel Experiment is in there. Here's the URL.
http://www.perkins.pvt.k12.ma.us/subsection.php?id=229

Anonymous said...

awesome job iggy. Hope you learn. Tell the flock for me to come check out my blog at maximumride3.blogspot.com The last post i did didnt show up (it was long 2) I could use so tips and any information. THanks
Fan of flock.

P.S: Ive been doing a bunch of clicks to help you guys out. i Think i had 1,500 in like minutes. i will be clicking for ya.

Mo said...

That sounds tricky! I know you can do it Iggy
love you all
morgan

Anonymous said...

=] go ig!!

just so you know, ur book is pretty looong.

Anonymous said...

hey good job iggy. Ive been clicking for you. i think i got 1500 clicks in a matter of minutes. come check out by blog at maximumride3.blogspot.com i need some help. I could really use fangs help on this. i Just started to. tell the flock i said hi!!!

Anonymous said...

hey, iggy
yeah, that sound really cool. good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

good for you Iggy!

i've tried to learn braille before, and i realized that it's much harder to read it with your fingers than it is to read with your eyes. i always get confused on where one letter starts and another ends.

good luck! and keep at it!

Anonymous said...

The flock is awesome and Iggy if you can read this (which you cant but i bet your listening to this from someone) have you tried buying airsoft bb's and glue? if not you should try that and plus i have learned braille but i cant remember. Dang it! i hope you and the rest are doing good and if you need a place to stay in SC email me k? either way i hope you guys email me. segaman64@hotmail.com is my email please email me i hope by and plus you guys can stock up on food at my place and i can help teach you braille ig please email me again bye ps email me please

Unknown said...

Good luck Ig (Max and fang need to hook up!) g2g bye flock!

Anonymous said...

Split p's good idea but won't they rot sooner or later? y does nudge want to be a vegiterian?

P.S. you guys need to post more often. sorry 4 any typo's

Anonymous said...

Iggy, you're fine. I mean it's cool an all, but you're fine. IT's not liike you really need to read. Right?

oOh well

-James

Fnick said...

i dont no i havent seen a braile version so sorry. but i dont think nudge will succeed in becoming a vigitarien.

Fnick said...

I cant believe i was the first to post on this! awsome.(the last one was mine to)

-Dakota
memphis,TN

Anonymous said...

ummmm... What's Braille?!
ha ha!! :D
you rock, Ig!!
keep trying!! :)
<3

tell gazzer i said hi!! :)
~Lauren xD

Nudge.::.Twin said...

It would be awesome if they had a braille copy of your book! Even though I'm not blind and I don't know how to read braille I would still buy it. I'd learn how to read it!

Anonymous said...

hahaha good luck on the braille (however u spell it) ya umm the flock rules! :) ... peas lol

Abbie said...

Why don't you google for a brail Maximumride?

Anonymous said...

Good job, Iggy! I have a friend who is blind. She sent me a letter in braille.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

oh emm gee i LOVE the books and i kinda thought this wasnt a real website but hey i tried and once again proved 2 myself that im a ditz...but im lik going 2 chek this out everyday because im just that loserific....Fang is like my fave character 2..just thought id share that

♥Ansley

Anonymous said...

Hi Iggy, It's me again!! (James!) I really think that's pretty cool. Never mind about it b-ing wrd. o well.

U rock

- Jasmes Spritz

RyvirChild said...

Sweet action Ig! It's not as hard as it seems at first, my sister is blind and she taught me in a just a few months. Don't give up, luv!

Anonymous said...

sorry this is annoying, i know but i thnk that you have to special order things like braille books. sorry for being so dang annoying.

-James Spritz

RyvirChild said...

Oh ya and I just finished the third book.....fabulous!

Anonymous said...

hey iggy,
that is really cool. good luck with that!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey iggy,
that sounds really cool. good luck with that!
:)

Anonymous said...

Oooo, wow. I've been following the series ever since it was created, yet I haven't visited this blog 'till now. Pretty cool, I must admit.

Don't hurt me, but I just got the third book yesteray. I completely forgot it came out until one of my friends was like "OH MY GOD YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET????" So, I bought it yesterday, and I just finished it about an hour ago. Love it. Loveitloveitloveit.

Max, Fang, Nudge, Gazzy, Ig, Angel, Total, you guys are awesome. As are you, Mr. Patterson. I can't wait until the next thing to come out, whether it be a book or a movie.

Anonymous said...

that's cool, Iggy!

sorry, they don't have your books in brail in my bookstores.

why is Nudge going full-out vegitarian? because of Total?

-Freedom Flyer

SchoolHacker said...

ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just bought the third book!!!
and i think the trator in angel...
dont tell anyone about it or even think it when your near angel... tell max when you can!!!...
angel is going to get you people captured!!!

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious...they definitely should publish ur book in braille...in honor of you especially

Anonymous said...

omg iggy! that is soo cool! you should order all your books in braile, they are awesome, you'll love them! I'm so jealous of all of you! you all get to fly... i wish i could! and you all are super cool! come vist me sometime! love ya all!

Anonymous said...

iggy is so sensitive with touch that he could probably just read by touching the ink on paper. iggy rocks!!!!!!!--3starshine :)

Anonymous said...

Oh of course they do Iggy!!! My friend Linda is blind! She loves your books! She has braile copies! You can fget them online or at special stores!! Love always!
P.s she's single!

just_another_fan said...

allo! im bored u rock! the end

Anonymous said...

YOU GUYS NEED TO GO BACK TO WASHINGTON DC!!! ESPECIALLY FANG! uMMM...I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THIS SO I'LL BE FRANK....LISSA IS GONNA BE A MOMMA AND FANG A POPPA CONGRATS!!!! LEAVE IMMEDIATLY ! THIS IS NOT A TRAP!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I hope they have the MR books in braille. Everyone deserves to read such great books! ;)
Good luck learning! I'm sure you'll do great.
- Arella

Anonymous said...

HEY IGGY!!!


thats kinda weird...but its ok, i tried to teach myself braille (the regular way, without peas) once upon a time, but it didnt work out so well...


note for nudge: it'll never work, being a vegetarian is like really hard...and if your a bird kid starving for food... its even harder..trust me on this one

*caroline* / TSO FAN!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to both you and Nudge! my friend is a vegitarian and she does fine. hope the best for both of you!

Anonymous said...

COOL IGGY! Tell fang is is awesome!Tell Max I said to kiss fang! Tell them that I LOVE the flcok! Tell yourself that I believe in you on the whole braill thing! In think you guys should come to my youth camp! APCHI CREAK DEATH AND YOUTH RANCH! It's for death people too! It's happening July 23-28 I believe. Just come when I'm there! Why? Becuase I LOVE U GUYS! I stayed up untill 4:30 in the moring readin book three. My friend said I'm weird. No. I'm just addicted to you guys! I have a Fanfiction story about you! It's called Maximum Generation 2. But on Fanfiction, I misspelled Generation. Sorry. LOVE YOU GUYS! GOOD LUCK! GOD BLESS!!!!!!

~Saxim Fly

Anonymous said...

IT'LL COME. COUNT ON IT IGGY












-A BELIVER

Unknown said...

O: Wicked. I don't like eating peas, so you can have all my peas to write all the braille you want. 8)
-- Kea

Anonymous said...

aaaahhh flying monkeys!!!!!!!!


(flyboys)




HELP!!!!

jk




Uno says:

go *fang* N *iggy* N *gazzy* N *angel* N *max* N *nudge* N *total*


!


C YOU L8ER BEBE!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, iggy, ur such a genous to do that!!! good luck with teaching yourself. that might be hard if your book was in braile. the split pea is pretty smart. tell nudge good luck with being a vegitarien. that must be hard. is it because of fang telling her they were eating rat? that was sort of funny but gross. anyways ig you are deffinitly a super genous!! good luck with everything and keep writing!!:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Good luck IGGY! MAx, KISS FANG! I have a story on fanfiction that you might like. I LOVE YOU GUYS. Since we are so close to the five milloin clicks, I will say this: If they make the movie, and It is not like the book, which is what they do with every movie, I will form an angry mob! You are all invited to join me! But, if they make it like the book, I WILL BE HAPPY!I want you to come to my youth camp. APCHI CREAK! It's fun! You should go. It mondy through Friday. In July. The 23-27. I LOVW YOU ALL!!!!!(the flock)GTG. LOVE YOU GUYS!

~Saxim Fly

P.S. Why is it, that when I review, it dosen't show up, then I review again, and it's there? WHY?

Anonymous said...

Max, I wanna be just like you, but I don't hve wings, so how is that possible? ( I love Fang!!!)

Anonymous said...

ooh clever :] hehe. and i bet you are doing great iggy! thats cool! i hope there is a fourth book by the way.
anddd..HI to the entire flockk! [i love you fangg <3]

flying_high said...

hey iggy. that's so cool. I didn't
know you could do that with split peas. love your book by the way.
say hi to the flock for me.

Wilma

Anonymous said...

Ig thats great!!! I hope u get really good at it.

Anonymous said...

hey fang,
go check out the libeary 4 books on braile. but i check out6 the book store to c if they have ur book in braile.
well c u,
anonymous
ps-i know someone who is blind and she loves ur books i have to read them 2 her but she would love to read it by herself.

Anonymous said...

Ig thats really cool!!! I hope you get really good at it.

Anonymous said...

Ig thats awesome!!!! I hope you get really good at it.

Anonymous said...

I think so.I dont know yet.

Iggy do you think that max and fang are dating? my friends and I wanting to know

Anonymous said...

They might just have MR in braille.
Why? You want to read it?
Heh.
That'd be really cool, reading about yourself.
And you'd be reading in Max's point of veiw.
Awesomeness.

Redhaired people rule!!!!
~FOMR4E
(Fan of MR 4ever)

Anonymous said...

Flock-I love you guys. Really, i do. but can you please come to the midwest?!? Arizona, washington D.C.,wherever the heck anne lived,colorado,florida, loisiana,Texas, California,England,Germany... but no place in my neck of the woods. Come on!!! Minnesota isn't bad at all! You can live at my place.we have room. I 'll just throw my brother out the window and the boys can have his room.

Anonymous said...

good for you igg! ummm i don't think nudge trying to be a vegetarian is going to work for very long...just a thought.

MlleImparfait said...

Good luck with that Ig!!

Braille is really cool. I wish I could read it.

Raven said...

Hey Iggy. I've never heard of a library with books in braille, but I'm sure some place has to have them. It would be almost... biggot-ish not to. Like anti-blind guy or something. Good luck with that. Though wouldn;t it be really easy to loose your spot in a braille book?

Anonymous said...

Hi Iggy!
Good luck learning to read and write in Braille!

Anonymous said...

Hey Iggy!
i saw braille all the time under words on signs at my old school, like The Girls Room and the Boys Room. i felt the bumps and i couldn't figure out the difference. is it really hard? oh, i bet they have MR3 in braille. you should definatly get it. You rock!
from,
~*~Kaitlyn~*~
P.S.- Tell everyone else i said hi!
P.P.S.- i heart all of you guys!

Maddy said...

Awww Ig yer so cute.
<3

Anonymous said...

Go Iggy!
I can`t believe you have not learned how to read brail yet. If I went blind that would be the first thing I would do. My problem is that I can`t spell, you can probably already tell from what I have written. I would like to know how you learned to type. I can`t even walk without being able to see. I tried and got a huge bruse on my shin. Good luck with learning how to read brail!

Anonymous said...

I've tried to read braille once. I suck.
Holly
~//~

Anonymous said...

Hey Ig! That's great. And I think that the book is so great that they probably do have it in braille. I mean everyone should have the right to hear about what's going on. So yeah good luck to you on that and good luck to Nudge with being a vegetarian. I know meat can be really tempting. She's one tough cookie if she can live without it. But yeah, you guys take care!

Anonymous said...

that most feel good reading things the flock can good for you now your the one making others wait

Anonymous said...

that cool the rest of the flok cant read some thing you can for once.

Ace said...

I could never understand braille... even though they tried teaching it to us in 3rd grade. XD Iggy, you rock. THe whole flock rocks. Keep up the good work. :D

~Ace

Anonymous said...

chances are, they do.

U rock

-friend

Anonymous said...

http://bioreference.net/braille.jpg
http://pbskids.org/arthur/print/braille/braille_key.html
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/6188/brllesson.htm#special
http://www.dotlessbraille.org/index.html

For fun: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~dik/english/codes/braille.html#Russian
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/braille_chinese.htm

Have fun. ;D It didn't take me that long to learn Grade 1 Braille. Maybe a week. Soon you can learn Grade 2. ^^

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
I tried 2 teach myself brail once... didn't work out to well.
If u guys r ever in south CA and u need a place 2 crash, I'm here.
-Alli

P.S. first comment, nice.

Anonymous said...

keep strong guys....you can do whatever you put ur mind to. I will foerver support you as well as the rest of us bloggers. we love you and are always here for you. You say the word and we will fight the fight.
Jessy

Anonymous said...

thats so cool Iggy!

Anonymous said...

Max again!
1. Wow!i'm the first person to comment. You think i watch this site too close?nah!
2. Ig, I think learning braille is a good idea.
3. I bet that thing with trying to cut the peas yourself was pretty funny!
Well, got to go!Love you guys!Good lucky to you all!Long live the flock!Byes!
-Max

Anonymous said...

Fang how do u feel about Max and dose she feel the same way? is there going 2 B a MR3? because the book just ended and i was still wondering about some unanswered questions

Anonymous said...

owww
poor nudge she needs meat
so tell max shes my idol
and send me a free book wouldja? lol
karate gal

Anonymous said...

fang ow do u feel about Max and dose she feel the same way? Also sorry but i need to ask will there be a 4th book because the book just like ended i was like WHAT i had a lot more things i needed 2 know so can u answere some of my questions pretty please i love all your books say hi 2 every one in the Flock 4 me

Anonymous said...

That's so considerate Iggy! Now all the blind people can read too!

Anonymous said...

ig... good luck on the brail thing!i'm sure you can find a brail book somewhere in this crazy world! lol
well keep workin on it! (i'm sure peas are exactly the same thing as brail:) ok well say hi to the flock for me! you guys all rock!

Anonymous said...

Hey Iggy,
I'm sure if they don't have it in the stores, you could order it. Hey, would it be alright if I could link this blog to mine? I always try to ask before I go ahead and do it...So if you or Fang, or Nudge...or whoever could get back to me with a yeah or a no..that'd be great...

^_6

Good luck with the split pea braille,
Jereality

Anonymous said...

Hey Iggy,
I'm sure if they don't have it in the stores, you could order it. Hey, would it be alright if I could link this blog to mine? I always try to ask before I go ahead and do it...So if you or Fang, or Nudge...or whoever could get back to me with a yeah or a no..that'd be great...

^_6

Good luck with the split pea braille,
Jereality

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports. It was the second book I've read! (After Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment of course.) I just have one question for Max. It's so obvious that you and Fang belong with each other, so why won't you at least talk with him about it? I mean, anyone who reads the books can tell you that you two are perfect for each other. Why not just take the plunge? Oh, one more thing....does Iggy have a girlfriend? ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea...using peas to write in braille. And haha, a butter knife to split the peas. ^^

I'm a huge fan of the Flock. Tell them that Amanda says hi.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

~ totallycoolkid (Amanda)

Anonymous said...

OMG I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT> THIS IS DEFINITELY A FIRST> HA HA HA PARDON MY PUN> HEY IGGY PERHAPS YOU COULD USE SUNFLOWER SEED SHELLS IF ALL FAILS> TALK TO YOU AGAIN SOON!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!FIRST TO COMMENT!!!Well, anyway....they probably do have brallie books at the library...good luck with the peas...and Nudge being a veg-head. Lol....until next post!!!You still gotta visit me!!!In Cali!!!

Californian Beauty

-Me

Anonymous said...

omg I'm second and first. where is every one??????????????

Is there some world fair I don't know about??????

Anonymous said...

that waould be really weird to... um... feel words that sounds really weird but n e ways i saw a brile MR book some where but it was the first one (not quite with the program yet)

Anonymous said...

well, have fun with that! but arn't you guys supposed to be saving the world?
yay, first post! or am I? don, don, don! yeah I know I'm weird.

later
BlueBrokenGlass

Anonymous said...

thats awesome iggy it must be tough not being able to see, and having wings and being on the run really doesn't help


falcon X

Rachel said...

that's so cool ig! i've never understood braille and how you distinguish the different letters... going veg is way hard. i've tried.

Anonymous said...

Yay Iggy you finally posted again. Let me say its about time. So does Nudge have like fart fest now? That could be very stinky like a second Gasman. G2G

Mat

P.S. Im changing my name to Aleck. Because my mom is calling me smart aleck. To me it sounds like a name you give your like smart Jack. Oh and Bye

Anonymous said...

Braille- Something I've always wanted to try myself, although I'm not blind.

All of you are amazing- Especially you, Ig.

My heat goes out to you guys. From Me and my Mom both. I myself am a bit holed up in my current troubles, and it does my heart good to read about you guys. I don't know about everyone who says "Gosh, You're so lucky! I want to fly!", but I'm sure they probably wouldn't understand what it might of felt like going through all that. (Not that I would, of course.)

We've been on the website quite a few times, mulling over who would make a good Fang, Ig, ect. I don't know about Angel, I don't watch tons of kids movies, considering my own age. (Which happens to be fourteen, by the by. ^^)
But at any rate, we're going to click, click, click until the movie can be made! (Although I have to say that Max sounds more like I would have pictured Nudge to sound; eerie.)
People need to know your story! More people, lots of them. [:


Good luck, all! If you're ever around Delaware/Smyrna area, let us know! I might be sick and not much, but we've got quite a large clearing around our house, full of large trees and cover, and I'd be more than happy to shelter anyone who needed it.~ (As long as you don't mind some animals around.)

Keep it going, guys. <3
~From a loyal fan, Charlene.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds interesting,good luck learning!
lol wonder who kept eating the peas XD.

Wishing_for_Wings said...

Yeah Im number one hey iggy<< wats up wiht you I always hoped that you would some how get your vision back but I guess braille is a start!!

Anonymous said...

lol yeah only you guys would be creative enough to to make brail out of peas... very cool! keep thinking on your feet (hey that's what got you this far!)and keep on rockin!

Unknown said...

Hey Igmeister,
Adam here, and they do have a braille section in most Barnes&Nobles. You can also find a vast selection by surfing the internet. (We all know how good at that the Flock is.) Hope that helps and hope all is well.

-Adam H. Des Moines,IA (stop and see me sometime)

Anonymous said...

i think they do sell braille books at bookstores...it might depend on the bookstore though

Anonymous said...

idk if they do or not, but they should!! good luck with your "project"

Anonymous said...

Yay for Iggy!!! Loves ya!!! On a not so good note though, I jsut got braces...........Grrrrrrrrr........
♥Flying Solo♥

Star said...

Cool! So now you can read more.
I'm not blind, but I remember a long time ago we had to learn how blind and deaf do certain things, and we learned about brail. The little dot things that they touch. Good luck! Hope you're a fast learner!
~*Star*
I wanna meet you guys sooo bad!

Anonymous said...

im baaack! its been a long time but i dont like to comment much. and my comp shut down last week and its still not working! my dad wont get it fixed because he is an IDIOT!ok had to get my anger out somehow. anyway now im at "Alecks" house now so i can talk. well type.
anyway...Nudge im with you just dont become a vegen or i will have to smak you. and Ig i hope the brail thing works for you because it sucks that you cant read anything. speaking of the book...i just finished reading it and oh my god!
1. fang how can you be suck a jerk about Ari when he is going to die AND he just saved your butts!
2.WHAT were you thinking when kissed max?!
3.max im really sorry about Ari. at least he wasnt alone and he knew he had his sister with him.
4.when did you come up with the Angel being a spy plan cuse it was a great plan but when i thought she had betrayed you guys i wanted to kill her.
5. Jeb is so right about you two. you are crazy about eachother.
well thats all for now G2g.

-Max (x5-452)

P.S. Fang? what happened to your love of RED? and just remember Max loves you SOOOO much!!!!!! well bye!

Anonymous said...

hey ig. hows it going with you and the flock. i just started a new blog and could use a few tips. visit my blog at maximumride3.blogspot.com. any tips would be helpful, and also some info could be helpful. Ive also been clicking like crazy. i think i got maybe total, 3000 clicks. i will always be helping out the flock. Good luck with learing braille. Fly over texas sometime soon.

from,

fan of flock

P.S i hope you guys get 5 million clicks soon. i'll click as much i can

Anonymous said...

hey ig. hows it going with you and the flock. i just started a new blog and could use a few tips. visit my blog at maximumride3.blogspot.com. any tips would be helpful, and also some info could be helpful. Ive also been clicking like crazy. i think i got maybe total, 3000 clicks. i will always be helping out the flock. Good luck with learing braille. Fly over texas sometime soon.

from,

fan of flock

P.S i hope you guys get 5 million clicks soon. i'll click as much i can

Anonymous said...

Good luck Iggy. Braile is hard to learn, even if you can see. I dont think Milwaukee, Wisconsin has any Itex related companies in it, so stop by next time your over the Midwest.

Anonymous said...

Vegetarianism isn't that hard. I should know, I am a vegetarian.
I imagine it might be if you're on the run, though.

ZhaneAugustine said...

Cool thing you started to learn that Ig. I always wanted to learn it, even though I am not blind.

But its a good thing as you will need those skills if your fans at the forum have their way and get you elected President of the United States!

Although I prefer Nudge there, no offense.

Anonymous said...

ceep blowin' things up!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

u r the best ig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i rot those(plz let thim in)

Anonymous said...

u rock out loud

Unknown said...

That's awesome. Braille is fun. I don't see your book in braille on Amazon, though. Maybe you should tell Mr. Patterson?
~Brian

Narcotic Glitter said...

Good luck with the braille, Ig.

I'm trying to be a full out veg too! Except I'm not such a fan of peas and when someone offers you fresh, homemade tamales, they're just too irresistable. Its even harder to go vegetarian when a certain family member goes- "Here, I made you some meat-free eggrolls!" and when you go to grab some, there's a plate of Italion meatballs sitting next to them. UGH.

I'd totally try to read your book if it was in braille....... you get brownie points for trying right?!

xx

Anonymous said...

Ig...

Thats pretty cool that you're learning braile, sounds hard. so good luck, but you'll get it, ur brilliant! (:

p.s. how tall are you? cause im 6' and i dont know if jp meant that like 5'10" is really tall, or what, cause i was thinkin you guys being really tall and u the tallest that you were like 6' 4" but i could be wrong...

Anonymous said...

heyy ig! thats soo kool. in 5th grade i made a braille board(a-z)it was for a book report on hellen keller. i tryed to read it but it was hard to remember cuz i'm so used to reading w/ my eyes and it was 3 years ago!lol! sry but i havn't been on the look out for braille, i've been looking online for books to read over the summer and i read most books in under a week!

~CRAZY KIWI
P.S.keep on bloggin' ! and i'm a lil upset that there is no 4th book.

Max Ride Fan 13 said...

I heard that vegetarians are extremely skiny cos they don't eat meat. Tell Nudge that she needs to eat some meat so she won't be as thin as a stick! Your book in braille? Maybe not cos it might be too expensive to produce and heavy, but maybe you can get them to use halved peas and save money(It is edible AND environmental friendly!)!!! Learning braille huh? You can just get any one of the others to read for you! Maybe they don't like to do that so you're learning braille? Using halved peas isn't so smart cos they might rot(Ewww....) and stink(Double ewwww...). Is James Patterson even writing MR4??? Tell him that he is absolutely crazy to NOT write Maximum Ride 4(Unless he IS writing MR4, then tell him that he rocks!)! Good luck in learning braille using peas Iggy!


MR_lvr
P.S. JP MUST WRITE MR4!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him fans will be very upset if he doesn't!

Anonymous said...

im clicking as we speak i have like 500 clicks alreaddy...YAY! well it looks like im the only one clicking now so i better start going faster!

Nick

PS: good luck with that IGGY

KimChi said...

if you make them out of split peas then would'nt they rot after sone time? i mean. thats gross. anyways. hows the flock going?

Anonymous said...

Ig, this is like rrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyy annoying now, but on second thought that's really cool. And they should have your books in braille. That's a great idea.

-James

Anonymous said...

kl keep tryin

Just another face in the crowd said...

kathryn (a.k.a spiffy) im listening to "feathery wings." i dont like the rythm but it does fit the story very very very well!!

Just another face in the crowd said...

ooo and i was in the bookstore the other day and everywhere i turned there was maximum ride! there was a whole shelve of maximum ride, the third book was on every table in there, there was a huge sign saying "MAXIMUM RIDE" and under it were stacks of each maximum ride book, and then there was a sign that said "TEENS" in huge letters and under it was the twilight series and maximum ride, o and when i walked into the store there was another sign that said "NEW RELEASE" and under it was maximum ride, then there was an employee stacking maximum ride books on the shelf! i couldn't believe it!!!!! IT WAS MAXIMUM RIDE HEAVEN I LOVED IT!!
James Patterson has such a talent!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Ig! Good luck!

BTW, I have a HUGE crush on you! ;)

S

Anonymous said...

thats great iggy!! i didnt know you could buy peas pre split either? and there probably is a book on it in a bookstore somewhere..which one.. i have no clue.LOL...GOOD LUCK!

Daski said...

they should iggy, i mean you guy's book is so popular its in tons of languages!

Courtney said...

it's so awesome that you're learning braille! maybe you'll have an easier time trying to figure out what room is the men's room...

Courtney said...

you could probaly special-order your book in braille, like, on Amaszon or somthing. Google Maximum Ride In Braille! but where would they ship it to...?

Courtney said...

or Max could read it aloud. but she'd probaly skip over chapter 18...

Anonymous said...

i dont know if they make the book in braille but you can master anything.

Anonymous said...

MARRY ME IGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out with the braile. I have a link to a chocolate braile page. Give me an address to mail to and Ill buy a chocolate bar that has Iggy written in braille. Im always here for you and for the rest of the flock too

Kestral said...

Yes, Iggy, they have books in braille. The problem is finding them.
Say hi for me.
Kestral

AuthorAngel said...

I LOVE U GUYS! CHECK OUT MY BLOG! DID U GET THE ARTICLE ON THE NEW CURE FOR BLINDNESS I POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO???? I LOVE U GUYS AGAIN!

Marissa said...

You'll get better at it! It's like learning a second language, only it's English in a new way. I bought your book yesterday, and I am about to start reading it!


M

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool Iggy! I hope you wind up finding your book in braille. I'm not sure where to get one though.

~Irvinian~

Anonymous said...

Iggy-
My brother just got done reading the books and said that you are very intreging. so now has been acting like you for the past 4 days. flatering you say? sorry but no hes trying to make his own bombs, almost burnt down our house tring to cook, and running around with a blindfold over his eyes trying to "get into character". and just yesterday i had to covince him not to just off the 3rd story balcony with his own makeshift wings.
Grrr little brothers!!!!!

So if y'all ever come back to Colorado, stop in Denver and talk some sense into this boy! Theres plenty of trees in our neighborhood! cuz I dont think my mom would want 6 bird kids staying at our house:)

-Nancy Denver CO

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!

Hey next time you are in Georgia, call me. I'd be happy to sleep on the floor for ya'll.

Good Luck,
M

Synconi said...

i never quite understood how braille works...how do ppl tell where 2 start reading? or r they all like u nd have really sensitive fingers and hearing etc.??? xx

Anonymous said...

Sooo Awezome Ig!
Luv Ya'll

\-/\-/\-/Tasia\-/\-/\-/
<3<3
;-)

Ink said...

You should go and check and see if they do sometime Ig!!

XxInk

Anonymous said...

good luck with that......
let me no how it goes. cant u get fang to look up a "how to learn to read braille" site and just learn from that?? it would be easier.

u guys rok
sophie xx

Anonymous said...

Hey kath thats why I said volitare lol. And can not wait for in 2 days time, my birthday and i gonna get 3rd book. That or pre order new harry potter book. Hmm hard choice *sarcastic voice* Your books ftw! And nudge a vegi person?!? I would have thought that growing mutant bird kids need plenty of meat. Can iggy slip some meat in her sandwich and say it was a accident....

Ps: My homepage is not volitares but you should listen to music heh.

Anonymous said...

hey iggy


real glad that your learnig how to read and write



p.s the third book was awsome




















































































































































































































supergirl

TruthSeer said...

I would think that they do.
~Reah

Anonymous said...

hey
my name is Ari in real life and it freaks me out every time i read about Eraser Ari. He stole my name cause i was born before him!
NE way message to the whole flock, i read a lot and one of the stories is about a Vampire who falls in love with a human girl. Hes a freak too and that seems to be workin out for them. I mean at least you wont have to worry about EATING your girlfriends/boyfriends! at worst they'll just be freaked!

Anonymous said...

Hey I left a comment but i didnt c it 2day!! :( maybe i missed it but i dont think so. well. bye! <3

-Amy a stupid blonde in Texas. At a friends house.

Anonymous said...

doubt they will, pity really. maybe sometime in the next few years

Unknown said...

hEY Igg!!! I THINK YOU GUYZ COULD CHECK MY BLOG... PLEASE! I WILL LIKE TO...

Anonymous said...

I really think they should, not just because it's a great book, but because one of the best and main characters in blind, and I think it would encourage blind people to read it.

Nichole Pettit said...

Iggy,

thats great your learning braille. Split peas? wow, I didn't think about that, but thats cool. You could try using a more dull pencil or pen point and poke the paper, without making a hole. That would probably work better, and you wouldn't waste so much food. Nudge will be happy. I don't think that they have it in the store already, but you can probably order it. The third book was Excellent. Hoping there's a fourth one soon! I love you guys. Tell the Flock I said hi.

Nicky

Anonymous said...

There's braille on the drive though ATM by the mall...
My dad always shakes his head and asks why the blind guy's driving...

RosesThorn said...

Henry, where have you been? In the first book, Nudge clearly wants to go vegitarian.

I'm surprised you don't already know braille. Anyway, that's good to know, cause it's kind of handy information for my fanfic.

Quick question. How on earth do you use the comp if you can't even see what the heck is on the screen? I've always wondered that one.

Have we learned a little something today about cutting very tiny little wet balls of squish? Yeah. Doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

I know there's a 'Aladdin' in Braille [I know cuz I've got a copy], but I haven't seen a copy of MR....
Good luck in the whole Braille thing! For practise - go into lifts and stuff - I've learnt up to 9 in Braille by doing that!
Toodles!!!!
Lyra
P.S. If anyone wants to read my fanfiction, my profile link is http://www.fanfiction.net/~magicmehome
Byebye!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NEMAtoad. said...

Goof luck with that =)

--sarah

NEMAtoad. said...

PS Awesome new book =) I loved it <33

Anonymous said...

Hey Ig,
Good luck with learning braille! You won't beleive this, but I've tried to be blind once... uh, by closing my eyes for five mintues and seeing if I could make my way around. I just wanted to see how it felt... hehe, it didn't work to well. I had to keep grasping on to objects and stuf... so you have got to be pretty AMAZING!!! And, um, peas? Maybe you should try some other vegetable that doesn't roll around so it's easier to learn braille....

Athena said...

They must make your books in Braille, but you would probably have to special order them. Hey, you are tight with James Patterson, get him to make them in Braille. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww that's adorable....

SashaFIERCE said...

Oh! Iggy that's awesome! ::claps:: Hopefully they'll make the book in braille for you...if not I'll read it to you next time you guys swing by New Jersey!!

Love You Loads!

Anonymous said...

hey its great that you are learning braille that will help you out hopefully in your future (cross your fingers hope for luck)! ne ways congrats good luck Ig!
Cbear

Anonymous said...

i hope that you are able to learn Iggy, i wish you the best of luck... um how did you write the blog????? anyways i hope Nudge does good with her no eat meat thing she is doing i tried it once but i failed very badly. of you need help with anything email me or track me down. my name is Jessica Levine i live at 28279 aberdeen southfield michigan in the U.S............. i can help

vampgirl
p.s I LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Ig, actually, they DO have your book in braile. The next time the flock's in Chicago, I'll hook you up with a copy.

Nudge, a word of advice: lay off the coffee. I don't think the world can handle an even MORE hyper human-avian hybrid. ^_^

Max, even though it may not be the most leader-like thing to do, don't let something like an ego get in the way of your feelings. You know what I'm talking about. Besides, you always have your mom and Ella to get advice from.

Gazzy, don't tell Max I told you but keep on building those explosives. They played a big part in getting the flock out of some tight spots, so as long as you remind her of that little fact, I'm sure she won't mind. ;)

Total, try to cool the attitde a bit, okay? Don't give me that look! No, you don't have to eat off the floor just because you're a dog, but take it easy on those who don't realize you can talk!

Angel, Max is right. You are one scary, scary child ^_^. Keep using your powers for good and there's no way the flock can loose.

Fang, just say the word. When and where?

To the entire flock: If you need a place to crash in Chicago, look me up. We've got plenty of space and even more food. My family's not exactly what you'd call "normal", either, so don't worry about the shock factor.

Good luck and Godspeed,
--Ask

Anonymous said...

That's great Iggy!I aggree(sp?)that cutting peas with a butter knife isn't the best idea...
But braille rocks! Go for it!

Anonymous said...

You could maybe try dried lentils? That's not so smelly and they don't rot.

MFINGA said...

smart move iggy!

Anonymous said...

PLESE READ!!!!!!!!! Hey Flock how is it going? I am your number 1 fan. There is a hanna Montana video out called "Nobody's Perfect" It fits you guys good. Especially the nobody is perfect was in the book because of the By-half plan and you guys call your selves mutant freaks. You are not Nobody id perfect! lol! Nothing really goes to plan too. Visit my site at www.freewebs.com/maximum-ride-fan
Thx please post on my site. Preferably the hole flock.

RosesThorn said...

Ok, this is a totally random piece of information, but I felt the need to post it.

I actually took time to calculate about how long it will be until 5 million clicks will be reached on maximumride.com (because I'm a geek like that). It should be somewhere between this Wednesday and Friday, although I could be wrong. Possibly Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Braille is cool. i've been teaching myself to read the numbers in it by feeling them on the signs outside my classrooms. I think u would be really good at it, cuz ur other senses are so good and all.

Tell Nudge that vegetarian means more than peas. peas r icky.
~Elise

Anonymous said...

So many posts -groans- my head is starting to hurt! So I add anouther one to make other peoples head hurt. That's just the way I am though. So Braille hey? (not sure if thats the right way to type that.) And one question. You're blind how do you type? And how do you read this stuff? Does someone else read it to you? Probably right? Okay now that half of my question has been cleared up by yours truly, I'll continue. One more question, how in the world do you get backpacks on? I mean when you're flying and all, how do you get them on. In the second book fang has on a backpack and he's flying. How does that work? Just curious. Okay I'm done making peoples head hurt. You may all continue on with your lives now.

Mattch. Yah that's me. ;D

Anonymous said...

I might be behind on this, but i'm still shocked that Jeb was Max's father

Anonymous said...

Iggy, you're not going to believe this, but i read/write braille. i taught myself how so that my friend and I could pass notes without people knowing what we were saying:) I also know that you can request books from the library in braille and they will usually send out for one. any way good luck on braille, with your sensitive fingers you should learn in a few days.


-Kelly

ps if you google "learning braille" some good results will come up

Anonymous said...

kathryn (a.k.a. spiffy)-
the song "feathery wings" does really relate to this guys i really kinda like it!!!!!! there was this band i found on the book website or somethin called "the summer obsession" i really really really like there music! it kinda relates to the flock also, you should check it out.
cbear2012

Anonymous said...

good for you ig!

learning braille is awesome! Anyway about Nudge being a full vegetarian..i don't think it will work...they don't make roasted veggie rats/other animals that you guys eat on the run...just a thought.

Ted said...

Hey guys. Just picked up and finished the 3rd book today. Awesome! Any idea when casting is for the other characters are? I would make a really good Fang. Ig, Nudge, Max, and Angel, put in a good word for me. I don't care about Fang doing this because he would be pretty picky about who plays him.

Flickering_Heart said...

You can buy braille books in a lot of different places. You can borrow it from libraries especially.

Lauren said...

braille- awesome!

nudge a vegetarian: ????? how is THAT going to work out? r ya gonna keep it up long, nudge?

I loved the 3rd book too! there was FAX! (laughs at own craziness)if ya'll don't know what fax is i'd suggest u read more MR fanfic.

MaxRide4ever said...

OMG, guys!! Keep on flying and ruling! By the way, I sure can't wait until your guy's movie comes out! You are an inspiration to all!
Max, IFLY, and Fang too! God bless!

Anonymous said...

hello everyone on the flock i just want to say that i had read all of your books in 2 days tops i just couldnt put them down. another thing is that i had started writting a book and the characters have wings like u but that is just one of their many characteristics if u want once im done i can send u a copy.

ps iggy good luck on the reading

pss if you ever need a rest stop in the small town of clovis in california just let me know and ill send u my address bye now

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the braille, Ig!

But split peas? Talk about EEEWWW. But try to convince Nudge to get out of the whole vegetarian thing for me, 'kay? Carrying around cans of split peas is so disgusting.

Reina said...

I had to ask Jordan what "braille" was. God, I hate not being smart about this kind of stuff. There's so much I don't know about the outside world. For example, I didn't know there were two types of bathrooms. That's kind of weird. One for guys and one for girls? Why can't there just be one bathroom? Oh well...

I think it's cool that you're learning to read and write in braille, Iggy. Maybe I should get Jordan to teach me how to do that, too! That'd be pretty cool, I think.

With all my love,
Reina

Anonymous said...

Way cool IG. Have fun learning that. And please tell Nudge that is a really good idea. And also tell her good luck with that for me!!




The Bookworm2020



^_^ BYE

Anonymous said...

Your book is so popular that it should be in braille! Being blind shouldn't hold people back from reading your book. Iggy u r awesome!!!! You show people with disabilities(no offense) that they r capable of doing anything that they believe they can do! Tell Nudge that it is a good choice to become Veggietarian. Then she can stay healthy and if u ever have to go ton the run again she doesn't have to worry about starving cause she can just eat plants(instead of rats. Ewww)! Your guys' book was awesome! Hey I want to know what it is like to fly! In your next post mention what it is like to fly! Just an idea.
g2g
Jessie!!=]

Anonymous said...

good luck with the braille Iggy. Although I think poking holes though the paper with a pencil would be easier then pasting peas to the paper. to each their own I guess

Erika

Anonymous said...

yeah you wont get Mr4 cuz its a TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am crying right now..dang it I just lost my max rep...So do the events in the books actually happen to you?Right now i have mixed feelings,cuz my mom has the 2nd book for me at wal-mart and cuz M R is only a freaking trilogy.god...


































































































































_BrAcE_FaCe_

Anonymous said...

hey iggy,
guess what? im reading the third book right now except im on chapter 2 and decided to check out the website. That would be really cool if they did have braille! Anyways im going to keep reading, and i really hope that max and fang kiss! i really, really, really want them too!

bye!

Anonymous said...

UGH! DID MY OTHER POST GO THROUGH!?!?!?? PLEASE BE THROUGH!!!

~Alex

Anonymous said...

ok, i feel kinda weird saying this, but nudge seems alot like me... im 11, talk alot, and right now im a full out vegitarian... and reese witherspoon? ( sory kinda off topic ) i cannot see her playing max in a movie...

Anonymous said...

heyyy iggy!!!
good luck with that and i really hope that fang and max kiss or hook up!
bye! victoria k.

Anonymous said...

grr... idk if my post got put on...

Anonymous said...

Braille...wow, I think my fingers would get confused with all of the lettering. And I never thought about the halved peas idea...hmm, interesting.

The 3rd book was freaking-fantabulous-amazing-wonderful-suspenseful goodness. I can't wait until the 4th. I love ya, Flock!

<3

Anonymous said...

I seem to have had more problems than usual. Still nervous as heck about Max possibly dropping in on my winged, furry, catlike form. Don't want the flock scaring me. Course, I'd be a better match than the Flying Erasers you guys deal with.

I still keep my eyes open in case of a fly-by.

Just don't drop at me: I hate when anyone does that! And tell Max not to hit me in the face. That hurt when I crashed into a tree face first learning to fly. I have no wish to feel worse than that.

Sincerely spoken,

The WingCat.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I used to know Braille. They taught it to me because they thought I'd be blind by the time I was ten. (They also taught me how to get around with that stupid cane thing.) But, here I am, fifteen and can see fine, with my glasses on. So, I've forgotten my Braille now.

Olhado Hesse said...

Aha, I love all the people who say "All right, first comment!" and they're like 60th!! Hehehe, you have to expect some late arrivals, dudes. ANYWAY Ig, braille is easy-ish depending on who's teaching you, and yeah I agree with the person taht said poke holes in paper with a pencil, sounds easier. Also, for Nudge: Being a vegetarian is very hard, I tried for a while but couldn't do it. Besides, don't you guys need A LOT of food? AKA a lot of calories. Lack of meat isn't gonna help XD But there's a lot of alternatives, so I guess it's cool. Ahh. Gotta go eat dinner.
Later.

P.S. Visit Canada, we're more welcoming than the School! =D If you're ever over BC, there's a lot of trees EVERYWHERE it's greener than anything you've ever seen. Or at least anything I'VE ever seen.

I'm going to stop talking now.

Later!?!?!?